Thursday, March 30, 2023

Movie: The Two Popes

P gave us a Roku remote thing-a-ma-bob for Christmas in 2019. I do not have enough tech-intelligence to describe how it works. It just allows us to watch movies, etc., on Netflix. (We have a paid account.) And I've recently discovered I can view YouTube content, too. It probably has other (fee-based) streaming services, too. Our remote is not exactly like the remote pictured here. Among a couple other things, the two buttons on the right-side bottom of our remote say ESPN and Sling.

Thankfully P and JF installed the necessary whatever for the Roku to work on our TV. Then he set us up with the Netflix account.

JF and P install the Roku and Netflix

One of the first movies that I watched on Netflix was "The Two Popes." I mostly liked it. There was some political action in Argentina (birth country of Pope Francis) which I did not understand. And more than likely, there were other scenes throughout the movie that I did not pay a lot of attention to. I possibly dozed off. But one scene which really caught my fancy was as the movie was coming to a close:

Pope Benedict, the German one, is saying his confession to the next pope (not pope yet), Francis. Benedict says "It's been 8 days since my last confession. Several venial sins. And I'm getting too old and forgetful to remember what they are." Benedict looks surprised and says "Can you say that? I didn't know that you could say that. That's useful."

No comments: