Sunday, March 8, 2020

Spring Forward

Once again, it is the time of year to set the clocks forward one hour.  And now it begins:

I got up at 6:00, but I thought "It's really 5 a.m."  We'll have lunch around 1:00, and I'll think "It's really noon."  Then it will still be light out at 7:00, and I'll say, "It's really 6:00."  Bedtime around 9:30, but really at 8:30.

I told J. lunch would be ready around 1 p.m. -- our usual time for the Sunday meal for umpteen years. He came wandering into the kitchen around 2:10.  Apparently he was following the clock on the computer which, for an unknown reason, had not reset itself.  Sorry, Charlie, your dinner is cold.

It is not unusual for J. to show up for Sunday lunch well past 1:00.  Sometimes I've already cleaned up and put things away, and they become MY leftovers for MY next meal.  Sunday lunch has been around 1 p.m. for many, many years.  He sees me fixing the meal and/or hears me banging pots and pans.  Too bad if he's late.  I have taken to telling him mid-morning "Lunch will be around 1:00," but that doesn't seem to make a difference.  If he's o.k. with cold meals, that's his choice.

Today's Sunday meal:


No comments: