Monday, July 30, 2018

I've Been Wanting .....

A couple months ago I had the desire for a chicken pot pie for lunch.  My go-to pot pie is Marie Callender's.  But I decided it was too much for lunch, not to mention that it cost more than I would want to spend for a simple lunch.

Banquet pot pies are sub-par.  So they were out.

But I remembered that I used to take Swanson pot pies to work and heat them in the microwave.  They worked well for a lunch meal.  In fact, I remember one specific day when I removed the pot pie from the microwave, and for reasons I no longer recall, I dropped it and it landed top side down on the floor.  I was sooo disappointed because I was really looking forward to this pot pie.  The smell of it already had me salivating.  All was not lost -- I just flipped it back over onto a plate and ate it for lunch.

But I digress.

I looked in four grocery stores for Swanson pot pies and could not find them.  In fact, I did not see any Swanson frozen products.  (I used to like the Swanson fish and chips meals, too.)  I looked in County Market, Schnucks, Meijer, and Walmart.  I was certain I would find Swanson pot pies in one of these stores.  But I came away disappointed each time.

Today I was at ValuCheck.  I casually looked at the pot pies.  Just as I figured: no Swanson pot pies.  I had not looked here previously because ValuCheck is County Market's budget store, and I figured if it was not at County Market, it would not be at ValuCheck.

Boy, was I wrong!  On the very last shelf (bottom) of the vertical freezer case, I found a couple stacks of Swanson Chicken Pot Pies.  I purchased two and left the store feeling victorious.

No comments: