Tuesday, March 19, 2019

I Think That I Shall Never See .....

I am really sad.

John decided that our only remaining tree needs to come down.  He said it is pretty well rotten.  I guess he knows, but it seems o.k. to me.  It shades the west side of the house.  

I hadn't known how much I value and respect trees.  They can be a nuisance when they drop their leaves, and when twigs and branches fall off.  And, of course, it's a major headache if they're blown down.  (Like our crabapple tree 3 or 4 years ago.)  But they are a pleasant haven from the hot sun.  And when strategically located, can help to block direct sunlight through the windows.  Plus, I really love the colors of vivid green leaves against a bright blue sky.

Patrick's 2nd summer, before he could walk, I used to sit with him in the shade of this tree and the crabapple, too.  He'd either be on a blanket or in his stroller watching the activity around him, and I would sit on a lawn chair and read a book.  It is a sweet memory.

Maybe someday we'll get organized enough to replace the trees that once shaded our property.



No comments: