Thursday, October 17, 2013

We're Millionaires!!!


We saw the tail-end of Jeopardy! yesterday afternoon.  The category for Final Jeopardy was “female singers.”  I immediately said “Aretha Franklin” without the clue being exposed.  Surprisingly, Aretha Franklin was included in the clue.
The clue was revealed and John’s answer was “Who’s whats-her-name?”  I said to J., “Yes, I’m sure that’s the correct response.”  Then he said, “You know, from Nashville.”  I replied, “Yes, that narrows it down a lot …. A female singer from Nashville.”

But that got me thinking, and my answer became “Who is Taylor Swift?”  Bingo.  That was the correct response.  And it turned out to be the person J. was thinking of, too.  AND none of the contestants got it right.  Bonus!
We made our score a true daily double and wagered our combined $500,000, and now we’re millionaires!
.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Wondering what the Final Jeopardy clue was?  In 2013 she became only the third female singer after Aretha Franklin and Madonna to chart over 40 top 40 hits.

No comments: